Sunday, October 5, 2008

When a coma doubles your troubles

Well, I'm not so inclined to yammer on this morning about something as frivolous and trite as crisp white linen or a breezy ocean boat ride. Don't get me wrong. My week's been exceptional and I feel as vivacious as ever, but something dark has piqued my interest. It's an online offering blending technology and man's ego - as it crashes into his postponed declarations, fears, and regrets.

Dead man's switch is a free service that stores encrypted email messages to be sent after your final demise. Basically, you pen your final thoughts in emails and submit them for encryption and online storage. Then, you're expected to check in with the DMS service online, at pre-determined intervals, to confirm that you are, in fact, still alive. If, after a few reminder emails, you remain unresponsive - your emails get sent. WHOA. Beautifully poignant if you're part of the "I-both-live-and-love-via-email" tribe or just downright dangerous, if you choose to throw daggers from your grave. What's that old joke? "Don't carry grudges. They're heavy and don't have handles." Dead Man's Switch.

1 comment:

bigdog said...

Very interesting thought, but is it that much of divergence?! 'frivolous and trite as crisp white linen or a breezy ocean boat ride' oh my... and 'crashes into his postponed declarations, fears, and regrets' I am really lost now.
Just for a website offer a interesting service that go beyond a reality into a virture side of existing? May be you can help me now. I think I need your consultant service now. hehe ;-)

Joseph