Thursday, October 27, 2011

World Population Reaching 7B

I found this interesting app on the BBC website. As our earth's population reaches another milestone, don't you ever wonder where you fit it? How many people came before you? How many people have been alive on earth from the beginning of time? (I'll leave any discussion of religion out of this. :) Which country is growing the fastest? Which country is shrinking in population? You can click here, type in your birthday and see where you fit into our world's population history. Very cool indeed. For even more info, visit the UN Population Fund's site - 7 billion and me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paloma, I enjoy your blog. Keep up the great work. I had not seen the population calculator before, very eye opening.

Brian C.

Alex said...

Its a bit of a scarey statisitc actually don't you think :) And the population keeps on expanding even though its increasingly difficult to feed all of them.